At WhiteSpider we work with a range of schools, colleges and universities. For Higher Education IT departments, there’s a never-ending challenge of providing enterprise level of IT services to an extraordinary wide range of users’ requirements on a highly limited budget and with ever increasing expectations of ubiquitous Wi-Fi and on-demand IT services.
We can support Higher Education to:
- Build a smart, flexible campus.
- Ensure fast, secure collaborative research.
- Support anywhere learning models
- Streamline administration.
There is clearly no single solution to enabling such cost effective, agile, secure IT service delivery, but we are seeing organisations adopt a range of Software-Defined Infrastructure (SDI) to achieve:
- Agility – the need to rapidly deploy new services and applications
- User Experience – improving application and user performance across the network
- Anywhere access – the need to provide the same level of service to users anywhere
- Transforming security to meet new threats and working patterns
- Automation – centralise and automate operations to reduce costs and enhance operations
SDI allows HE IT teams to control how workloads are distributed and optimised to maximise the value potential of infrastructure and operate agile software-driven architectures. The overall goal of SDI is to centralise and simplify control of enterprise infrastructure, with the promise that IT teams can keep pace with the speed of change. Contact us to understand how we can help